Tuesday 2 September 2014

W7 Cosmetics - "Captain" Foundation Review

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12792505/?claim=udmtptuqua4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Love: The lasting power on its own, Lovely smell, Great colour, Covers blemishes, Natural look, The price, The packaging
 
Negatives: Nothing major just how quickly it dries so you have to blend fast

*

Hi fab things,
I discovered the W7 Cosmetic brand a few months ago, around April or May and my love for the brand has continued to grow ever since. So the next few blogs will be dedicated to the W7 Cosmetic range. I’m very excited to share some of my thoughts and favourite bits from the brand.

A little history about the brand itself, according to the W7 website http://www.w7cosmetics.co.uk/ it was set up in 2002 by two young entrepreneurial men from West London and their aim for the product – “that every woman should have access to an extensive range of high quality cosmetics at an affordable price” and that is personally what I am, and every other girl out there is always on the lookout for. I love brands such as MAC and Lancome but they can be expensive especially for students so it is always great to find a brand that is up there with well-known brands but half the price. It is fantastic especially if you are on a budget.

The first W7 product I’m going to review is “Captain” Matte Foundation. There are five colours in the range – Rich Tan; Sand Beige; Natural Beige; Natural Tan; True Beige. 

 


The colour I got is natural beige as it was the middle of the summer and I felt it would go well with my subtle tan so I thought I would give it a go. The key to using this foundation is to make sure you have moisturised and used a good primer; I will also go through some of my favourite primers in the next few blogs. With this foundation it is a good idea to put on one layer and then from there build it up bit by bit. It sets very quickly so blending must be done straight away. I will say if you have paler skin but would like to try this foundation – purchase the lightest shade which would be Natural Beige and mix in with a lighter foundation. In general, if you’re unsure of what foundation to go for, definitely ask for a sample from the pharmacy – they will have no problem with that. 



It is a very matte foundation. I personally prefer a dewy finish and feel but for the price of this foundation and the coverage you get as you build it up is fab. I think this foundation would definitely be suited to oily skin more so but with the right moisturiser and primer you can achieve a silky, natural look. These foundations go great if you are tanning for occasions or for nights-out.




This is the foundation on its own before I put on powder - just to show you the coverage. I think I used about 2-3 layers but I realised it has a strong lasting power but I would recommend using a powder over the foundation just to secure it down especially if you are out and about. I adore the colour and natural look it gives. I love the packaging and the price for this foundation is amazing as it ranges from E3.50 - 5.

The “Captain” foundation can be purchased from pharmacies around the country – W7 has listed the stockist on their Irish facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/W7-Cosmetics-Ireland/696027043789311?fref=ts or click here to find the stockists on my tumblr - http://www.tumblr.com/blog/wonderstruckbeauty8

Or online at:


Happy shopping! :) 

Until next time beauties,

A x

"Troutie, bonny little fellow, am I not the most beautiful queen in the world?" #beauty #quotes
  

No comments:

Post a Comment